Ambulatory Care Services
The Ambulatory Care Services department at North Ottawa Community Hospital offers the care patients need in a convenient, pleasant outpatient clinic environment. Staffed by ACLS certified Registered Nurses with a wealth of experience, the staff of the Ambulatory Care Services department enjoys building relationships with patients and families in our 8 bed/recliner unit.
Because we recognize that excellent care involves more than practicing good medicine, our facility offers the comfort of reclining chairs for most of our patients. For those spending the day with us, we offer snacks from our refreshment cart, meals from our “At Your Request” room services, a warm blanket and more.
- Injections – single does or ongoing prescriptions, supporting cancer and renal patients.
- Infusions – for fluid replacement, multiple IV therapies, antibiotic therapies, and electrolyte support.
- Transfusions – blood products for chronic conditions or acute needs.
- Catheterizations – to obtain sterile urine collection.
- Port access – blood draws and routine flushing.
- PICC line – insertion and dressing changes.
- Authorized Tysabri site – Tysabri is indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
- Therapuetic phlebotomy – as needed for appropriate conditions.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-3:30 pm by appointment. A physician order is required for all visits.
We welcome your questions about Ambulatory Care Services. Please call (616) 844-4800 to schedule an appointment.