If you have diabetes it is very important to get accurate, up-to-date education and training. Our experiences Registered Dietitians and Registered Nurses have educated over 2,100 people with diabetes. We provide comprehensive self-management training in an environment that is practical, fun and focused on your educational needs. Our services include:
- Group and individual education and follow-up education
- Refresher class for those who have had initial training
- Insulin pumps
- Glucometer downloading and analysis
- Insulin, Byetta, and Symlin training and adjustment
Who should enroll?
Individual with diabetes who:
- are newly diagnosed
- are starting a new treatment
- are interested in the latest treatment options
- are struggling with what to eat
- have not had education in the last two years
(spouses and significant others are encouraged to attend at no additional charge)
What about cost?
All Michigan-regulated insurance companies are required to reimburse for diabetes education with a referral from a physician. However, please call you insurance carrier to verify any co-payments that may apply. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
How do I get started?
Call your physician’s office and ask to be referred to the Diabetes Education program at North Ottawa Community Hospital.
Call Mary at (616) 847-5332 or check out our classes .